Top tips and tools for developers this week - 19 Mar'22
“Efficiency is doing better what is already being done.”
We understand the importance of efficiency, productivity, and focussed-work for programmers and to help coders be more productive, we share bite-sized tips , tools, and shortcuts for developers at our discord server.
These are the top tools and tips shared on Invide's Remote Developers' Community in the past week.
If you like this content, you can join Invide's new discord community for more ideas on focus and productivity for developers.
What's there in the blog this week?
- A very simple tip do get something important done if you have been procrastinating
- An extension for Dev Productivity
- A free tool that lets you create cool quote like images
- A superb productivity tip
- Must know shortcuts for developers
1. An extension for Dev Productivity
OneTab- Whenever you find yourself with too many tabs, click the OneTab icon to convert all of your tabs into a list. When you need to access the tabs again, you can either restore them individually or all at once. It makes your tabs organised .
2. A very simple tip do get something important done if you have been procrastinating
STOP with whatever you are doing ( watching a movie, reading, scrolling etc.) and take a deep breath. Tell yourself that you will only work for 5 minutes on that important task and get to work.
🌟 These 5 minutes of work will trick your brain into working, help you gain momentum and break the cycle of procrastination. Now that you have started, push your limits and get that task over with .
It is a free tool that lets you create cool quote like images from your tweets known as tweetlets.
4. A superb productivity tip
Don't forget to take breaks from work every once in a while
Let's not forget that we are all humans and rest is crucial to come back stronger, rejuvenated and excited to work again.
Also , The odds of finding a different angle to a problem (if you were facing one) would increase
Take breaks every once in a while
5. Must know shortcuts for developers
- Home key- Moves your cursor to the beginning of the line
- End key - Moves your cursor to the end of the statement
- Shift + Home - Let's you selects from current cursor position to beginning of the statement
- Shift + End- Selects from current cursor position to end of line
- Ctrl + End - Moves cursor to end of the document
I hope that you found this helpful. If you like this blog, do join Invide's new discord community , where I post byte-sized content on focus, productivity, tips and tricks for developers.