Top tools and tips for developers - #011
Did you know that you could complete 100% of your tasks in 50% of your time if you used the right tools and techniques?
And to help you achieve that and be a more productive developer, we have our blog on top tips and tools for developers.
Table of Contents:
- Ivy Lee Method
- A productivity tool for all developers
- An IDE to collaborate and code
- A chrome extension to help you stay focussed
1. Time management 101 - Ivy Lee Method
Write down the six most critical tasks for tomorrow and prioritize them, according to the Ivy Lee technique. The next day, in that sequence, begin working on the most crucial ones.
2. A productivity tool for all developers - Cold Turkey
It is an amazing productivity tool for developers who get distracted very easily and have a short attention span. The app blocks games, social media, games, etc according to the settings. It is very effective. Once a tile is blocked, it gets locked. You have to focus on your work no matter what.
Pricing - The app comes with a one-time purchase subscription. A free version is also available
An IDE to communicate and collaborate with your team in real-time with git functionality - GitLive
4. A Chrome extension to help you StayFocusd
StayFocusd is a Chrome extension that tracks how much time you spend on specific websites and allows you to block popular ones, such as Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, and other distracting social media sites, to keep you focused on the task at hand.
- Join Invide's remote developers' community on a new discord server where I post developer productivity tips and tools every day.
- Try our free, privacy-focused, minimalist, note-taking app with markdown support - Developer Diary.
I write such posts each week, checkout my post about tips and tools for dev productivity from last week