We asked Inviders their favorite books on startups/business/product/design.
Here's the list of books that every entrepreneur, every Invider building a high-tech business must read
- Zero to One : Advice for startups by Peter Thiel and an account of his success with Paypal and Palantir
- Nudge : Behavioral psychology to make better decisions
- Crossing the Chasm : A book about marketing in high-tech industry. Outlines different stages of technology adoption(innovators, early adoptors, early majority, late majority, laggards) and strategies to move from one stage to the other.
- The Design of Everyday Things : Inspirational and informative book on design. You don't need to be or planning to be a designer to read this book.
- Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products : Explains a four-step process embedded into products to subtly encourage customer behavior.
- Rework : Inspirational book that challeges traditional thinking in business and tips to get started.
- Remote: Office not Required : A book that helps in disillusionment for people who are skeptical about remote work. Talks about common challenges faced by remote teams and tips to fix them.
Year 2019 Update
- The Mythical Man-Month: Essays on Software Engineering : Experiences of working in software industry that you can relate to or you'll learn in future. It breaks some common myths such as "putting more people to project to get it completed quickly".
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers : Anecdotes of a serial entrepreneur - Ben Horowitz. Some great management insights.
- Making Ideas Happen : Striking balance between creative thinking and organization to make ideas happen. Illustrated through case of Disney, IDEO and Google.
P.S. At Invide Labs we build high performing tech teams for high-tech startups. You may discuss about these books with Inviders, you'll be amazed to see how entrepreneurial mindset Inviders have.