You've probably never heard of the word Invide. You don't even know that Invide is an invite-only community of top developers. Even if you know, you wouldn't care, because
What on earth, handful of developers can do?
You do know answer to this question though. Developers have shaped our lives and will shape our next generations' future. How many times you have googled to find answer to your questions, to make a decision? How many times you talked face 2 face to your friend/family using whatsapp even when you are miles apart? How many times you changed governments using digital ads? I can guess your answer. Well, except for the last one. The answer is too many times to count. Handful of talented developers have changed our lives. Handful of developers have completely changed our lives and the way we interact with everyone. Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Sergey Brin or similar people, all of them were developers who led.
Invide is on a mission
Mission to nurture a global community of top developers who lead and with 100% inclusion
A community where your race, religion, family background, sex, where you live or any other absurd reasons do not matter. Things that matter are your knowledge, your ability to create things successfully that impact lives.
This mission can make the world a better place for living. This mission can make number of silicon valleys even in places which we have never heard of. What inspired this mission will help you decide how and why it matters.
Disovering the hidden talent from remote places
I come from a small village in Rajasthan, India.
Here's my story in one breath. I did my schooling from a government school, won some talent hunt programs which covered my education costs, went to study Engineering at IIT Roorkee, graduated, chose to be a software engineer and solve problems through technology, moved to a metro city, worked at startups, started my ventures, had my moments of achievements & failures, committed myself to Invide, all in all I had been lucky to reach where I am today.
Not everyone is lucky
I have met extremely talented people like Harish, Raj & many others who have huge potential but belong to places like I do. Places having lack of resources, network, and opportunities to grow.
My journey helped me see significant talent hidden in these small distant places. Make no mistake, I'm talking about top talent, not the mediocre ones. These people can help make world a better place. Right now, there's a huge location barrier for them.
Location barrier is affecting everyone
Building my ventures and interacting with other businesses also helped me see "barriers of location" from an organization's perspective.
Businesses are repeatedly compromising on the quality of talent for not being able to find the right ones.
(I know that's true for tech talent for sure, hence we will talk about this only in this article)
They look for talent in places closest to their offices, mostly in metro cities. They do ask if the developer wishes to relocate nearby their office.
Does that mean
- To grow in career, should we leave our home and move to a more polluted city?
- Can people who are skilled lesser have a better career just because of their location?
- Should we all move to silicon valley? What if I can't?
In 2018, this doesn't seem right, neither is it sustainable.
It is a difference of location, not skills which is creating a privileged vs underprivileged situation. This is not only doing injustice to talent but highly reducing chances of success for businesses. This needs to change.
Inclusion for everyone based on skills, not location
It's a fact, there are talented people out there, who do not get quality opportunities because of "location barrier". We need to bridge that gap.
Thanks to the internet and collaboration tools, the world has become a tiny place. We can work together without the constraints of borders. Especially in the engineering field, it is possible to work 100% remotely.
There is one challenge though, that has not been addressed by the existing solutions
How do we succeed in remote work environment?
Invide solves this for talents as well as businesses.
You may have heard of accelerator programs for startups to boost growth, on similar patterns, we created first of its kind
Online accelerator program to boost growth of tech talent
We find those ordinary yet talented people from every corner of the world, bring them on one platform and give them what they deserve
- Opportunity to boost growth of your own side projects
- Opportunities to work with high growth startups and visionary leaders
- Opportunities to work with other talented people
- An online community where we all can stay connected forever and support each other grow
All without the location barrier
In 2016, we started Invide, a community of these ordinary people who have great technical skills, who value hard work and have leadership qualities. We can see how rapidly the enthusiasm of the community is turning it into a modern cult.
What did we achieve in 2017?
We have been operating successfully in private beta mode till now. We did not impact many lives but we have made a significant impact in some lives.
- Started with a count of 0 in 2016, we’ve become 100 members strong by 2018. Proud to say that we have one of the most challenging screening process. We have acceptance rate of 1.2% (Harvard has 5.4% acceptance rate). The combined experience of all Inviders is 300 years. That's huge.
- In 2017, our community members earned as high as USD 30k(INR 18 lacs)
- We have developed an eye for great founders and teams. These founders and teams went on to acquire 500k+ users, raise funds successfully and make it to Forbes 30 under 30.
- Inviders took their own passion projects forward and developed themselves personally to become better and better every day. We trained them for remote collaboration.
- Launched Invide desktop app for better collaboration
- Launched Flow to help product managers succeed with analytics and actionable insights
- Launched #InstantHelpGroup program to help Inviders and applicants become better and more productive
In 2018, we aim to take the mission forward by
- Creating more engagement opportunities among Inviders and the applicants
- Engaging with more businesses
- Finding more support for the community from organizations and individuals
I invite all those ordinary people with deep knowledge and passion for technology. Be a part of our small yet impactful community.
Together, we can make the world a better place to live.
Referral Code: INVIDESTORY
Tweet to @Invide_Labs
Help us reach out to those passionate people