"Until we can manage time, we can manage everything."
We understand the importance of time management, efficiency, productivity, and focused work for programmers and to help coders be more productive, we share byte-sized tips, tools, and shortcuts for developers at our discord server. This is a round-up blog of that.
Table of contents:
- A productivity tip for developers
- A tool to share code snippets in the form of images
- A productivity tool for remote teams
- Parkinson's law
- An chrome extension to boost your productivity
1. A productivity tip for developers (reminder)
Track your time ⏰
- It is pretty easy to get distracted when working, thanks to Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp , Reddit etc. Due to this, it becomes even more crucial to track time. It helps us plan our to-do list better next time .
- You can use softwares like Developer Diary by Invide, Teamdeck and DeskTime .
2. A tool to share code snippets in the form of images 🖼
3. A productivity tool for remote teams - Loom
- Loom helps you record your screen 💻 and camera 📷 on the go 🏃 .
- Share that content in an instant with a link.
- A great tool for remote teams to stay connected and communicate efficiently .
4. Parkinson's law
Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion
If there is something you can do in 1 hour but you set aside 2.5 hours to do it , you will end up doing it in 2.5 hours, according to Parkinson's Law.
Hence, plan consciously.
5. An chrome extension to boost your productivity
Save to Pocket
- A chrome extension to clip content from all your searches on the go. You can share it with yourself or your friends.
- The text, link, or image can be seen on your phone or tablet, later.
Would you like to read more?
You can join Invide's new discord community for more ideas on focus and productivity for developers.
Why all remote developers should join our community ?
- Invide is a growing community for remote developers with 3350+ members , it was started to assist remote developers in finding jobs.
- Here , you can also get your profile reviewed, attend fun and interactive weekly community meetups, get community support, resources to learn something new, and much more.
- And don't forget about the amazing tips and tools shared everyday😄.
Would like some help with time management?
Try our privacy-focussed , minimalist , note-taking app with markdown support - Developer Diary , it also provides deep work analytics and allows you to track your progress. It's free.