Top tips and tools for developers.
Time is money, use it wisely.
Like every week, these are the top tools and tips for dev productivity from Invide's Discord Server.
Table of contents:
- A chrome extension to boost GitHub
- Dev tools you can't miss
- Get an instant notepad on the browser
- Tip for developers who are learning new skills with a full-time job
1. A chrome extension to boost GitHub productivity - SourceGraph
Sourcegraph is an open-source extension for GitHub, GitHub Enterprise, GitLab, Bitbucket Server, and Phabricator that adds code navigation and intelligence. It supports an array of programming languages and contains features such as type information, variable or function definition, and finding imports and dependencies.
2. Dev tools you can't miss
- CSS Layout Generator - It's a CSS and JSX generator that is fully featured and it leverages the CSS Grid Layout syntax to generate many types of layouts.
- Tail-Kit- It is a Tailwind UI Kit with more than 250 open source Tailwind components compatible with various front-end frameworks and libraries.
3. Instant notepad on browser
Just copy the below code and paste it into the URL section of your browser.
data:text/html,<body style="background:rgb(242, 192, 177);display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center"><textarea style="width:80%;height:80%;font-size:20px;text-align:center">
4. A tip for developers who are learning new skills with a full-time job
As we mentioned at the meetup on Thursday, when we begin learning something new, it is critical that we understand why we are doing it and that we are doing it for the right reasons.
Knowing this ahead of time can help you be more committed and create better habits.
Would you like to read more?
You can join Invide's new discord community for more ideas on focus and productivity for developers.
- Last week's blog - top tools and tips for developers -blog #007
- Getting started with CI/CD - minutes from our weekly community meetup
- Top 10 remote developer jobs of the week
- This week's community updates
Why consider joining Invide?
Invide is a community for remote developers, it was started in 2016 to assist remote developers to find jobs. We have 3500 members now 🎉.
We post verified remote jobs every day. You may also have your profile reviewed, attend weekly community meetups, receive community help, and acquire new skills, among other things.
Would like some assistance in time management?
Try our privacy-focused, minimalist, note-taking app with markdown support - Developer Diary. It not only keeps track of your progress but also gives detailed work analytics. It's completely free.